:::More than 100 things. There will be a quiz later:::
Updated Mar 2007
Blog address: http://purplestar.typepad.com
Email me at email@example.com
1. I am deathly afraid of grasshoppers.
2. I was a baton twirler in High School
3. The biggest thing I've ever stolen was a lawnmower.
4. My son was offically "missing" once when he was 5.
5. I have been thrown out of a Best Buy for causing a disturbance when I was trying to return something.
6. I am in love.
7. I am 5 years older than Mark.
8. I've worn my hair virtually the same way since 1977.
9. I wanted to name Daniel Andrew instead.
10. Mark's mother committed suicide when he was 6 months old. His dad never remarried and still cries when he talks about her.
11. I'm a pretty good photographer.
12. I lose my planner an average of 2 times a year. (Edit - I haven't lost my planner since Feb, 2002.)
13. I was evicted once.
14. I've been in 6 automobile accidents. Only 1 was my fault.
15. I wore braces for nearly 4 years.
16. My eyesight is 20/400. (I see at 20 feet what a “normal visioned” person sees at 400 feet)
17. I am diabetic. I have no insurance, so I am unmonitored and unmedicated.
18. I have three ear piercings and two tattoos.
19. I have been clinically depressed and medicated in the past.
20. I love Big Hunks.
21. Very few people are regularly speaking to each other in my family.
22. My last grandparent died in 1993.
23. I tried to write a book once. I have 6 chapters finished.
24. I am a Gemini. Most of the astrological analysis for Gemini fit me.
25. I am told my name came from an obituary because my mom wouldn’t name me. No one will staunchly confirm or deny. (My dad confirms but mom denies this story, but does confirm she did find the name in a newspaper)
26. I love daisies, and I don't care for roses. I hate irises and tulips.
27. I eat biscuit dough as a snack sometimes.
28. I have been fired 4 times.
29. I have been laid off once.
30. My apartment was robbed of most of it’s possessions in 1983. I knew who did it and couldn’t prove it.
31. My apartment was robbed twice in 2001, within 2 weeks of each other. They took a lot, but what bothered me the most is they took a jar of coins that belonged to my grandfather, who died in 1967, and they took my daughter's stereo that I saved and saved for to reward her for good grades.
32. I can read music, and play the piano. But not as well as my sister.
33. I collect pocket knives.
34. I eat snow. Every time I go outside and there’s snow..I grab a fistful.
35. I need to lose about 20 pounds.
36. I have a destructive temper sometimes.
37. I make really good breakfasts.
38. I love Ritz crackers but cannot eat them without a soda.
39. I have not found an amusement park ride that I was afraid to ride.
40. I go to a thrift store at least twice a week.
41. I have no "pinkie" toenail to speak of. Neither does my sister.
42. I have a very strong stomach. I can watch death, blood and guts..and not get grossed out. But, watching people gag makes me gag. i also cannot watch bug shows on tv while I am eating
43. I snore.
44. I watch reality tv almost exclusively.
45. I flew to Atlanta in June of '02 and again in June of '03 to meet 100+ people that I'd known only from an online knife forums site. Many I had been talking to for nearly 5 years. (Edit- in 2007 I still talk to about 25 of them)
46. I have very poor short term memory.
47. But I remember most phone numbers after only hearing them once.
48. I am a night person.
49. Nicolas Cage is my favorite actor.
50. I read non-fiction..almost always.
51. I learn the words to songs very quickly.
52. I was married on Valentine's Day 1986. My husband told me he was having an affair and leaving on New Year's Day, 2000.
53. My favorite color is purple.
54. I don’t care for necklaces.
55. I drink coffee any time of day, right up until bedtime. Unless it's hot out.
56. I don’t like pie.
57. I almost always fall asleep while watching a movie at home. (And sometimes in the theater, too.)
58. I loathe any type of housework, including gardening.
59. I am very flirtatious.
60. I am left-handed.
61. I have never lived more than 30 miles from where I live right now.
62. I tell people exactly what I am thinking.
63. I have a friend that I still talk to a few times a year that I have known since I was about 3 years old.
64. I love Las Vegas.
65. There were 6 brothers and sisters in my dad’s family, and 10 brothers and sisters in Mark's dad's family.
66. I can be verbally hateful. I hate this about myself.
67. I have never been able to climb a rope.
68. Sometimes I am reading 3 books at the same time.
69. I have one sister that I see often, two step brothers that I never see, and a step sister that I haven’t seen for nearly 20 years.
70. I am thoughtful.
71. I hate country music, jazz and rap.
72. My elbows are double jointed.
73. I am a very good kisser.
74. My “icon” is a star. Ideally a purple star. This is what one my tattoos is of.
75. I sleep with a very firm pillow.
76. I am a lousy dancer.
77. I need it to be dark and quiet when I go to bed.
78. I do not have any live plants in my house.
79. Money has been my biggest problem for over 20 years.
80. I know some sign language
81. I love sunglasses, and have about 5 pair.
82. I have been to 17 states, ( 8 of them in one road trip in Sept 02)...and never overseas.
83. I have been on an airplane 17 times. (8 round trip, 1 one-way.)
84. I did not ride in a plane for 22 years, from 1979 to 2001, for no particular reason.
85. I would like to try sensory deprivation.
86. I was dangerously close to not graduating high school.
87. I would like to have a baby with Mark.
88. I was married for 14 years.
89. I have moved 11 times.
90. I am “hard” on things.
91. I wear a 9W shoe.
92. I have non-mobility induced claustrophobia, meaning if I am in an enclosed "vessel" of some sort, I start to freak out unless it is moving.
93. My parents have been divorced longer than they were married. They were married 22 years. In 2003 they would have celebrated their 50th anniversary.
94. I cannot drive a stick shift. I do not want to learn.
95. I own a couple of x rated movies.
96. I hate anything spicy. Even certain minty gum is too spicy for me. Altoids are out of the question.
97. I can type over 80 wpm.
98. I hum a lot.
99. I have never been on a train, and have only been on a boat once. It was a water skiing boat and I was only in it for about 10 minutes.
100. I am very impatient.
101. I virtually never have b.o.
102. I don't go anywhere without at least mascara on.
103. I love Saturday Night Live.
104. I love pc wavs.
105. I cannot pass a lie detector test, I get too nervous. I've taken 6, and failed every single one. And I wasn't lying.
106. I hate peas and cauliflower.
107. I rarely go to bed before 2am
108. I have tried many recreational drugs.
109. I have at least 3 diet cokes a day.
110. I am generally not attracted to men with blonde hair..
111. I will not date a man with a full beard.
112. I bought my car on ebay in September 2002. In June of 2003 it caught on fire and burned to the ground. It also caused about $15,000 in other property damage.
113. I hate talking on the phone, and will try to close the conversation and get off very quickly.
114. I cry very easily
115. I collect 5 pointed stars, and things with stars on them.
116. I am extremely judgemental.
117. I pull out individual eyebrow hairs when I'm bored or nervous. I always have to pencil some in as a result.
118. I love cotton candy and funnel cake.
119. More often than not, I like delivering bad news.
120. I frequently say things I regret later. I hate that about myself.
121. I don't shave my thighs, and never have. I don't have hair there.
122. I wear contacts, and have needed vision correction since I was 10 years old.
123. I love Stand-up comedy. Favorites are Brian Regan, Jerry Seinfeld, Mitch Hedburg and Pablo Francisco.
124. I collect little, interesting boxes
125. I also collect penguins.
126. I miss going camping.
127. I have several teeth in desperate need of repair.
128. When I am depressed, I try not to sleep. I hate the doom and gloom feeling you get when you wake up.
129. I can't stand italian food.
130. I also hate seafood.
131. I have broken my arm, my leg, my hand, my tailbone twice, and both thumbs at the same time.
132. I am allergic to morphine.
133. All of my kids were born late.
134. I had "textbook" pregnancies, so much so that I've never even had an ultrasound.
135. I am not a "pet" person. I generally do not get overtly attached to my animals and would not spend an elaborate amount of time or money if they were sick.
136. I dislike virtually all sports.
137. I have been a member of ebay since November 1999 and have bought and sold approximately $20,000 worth of merchandise.
< ? 100 Things # >